Tel: 07904 418 483
I have been a qualified and registered Chinese Medicine Practitioner for the last eleven years, providing massage treatments and meditation sessions. I specialise in the bodywork form of Chinese Medicine called Qi Gong Tuina. As well as facilitating personalised guided visualisation meditations and self-cultivation/self-care practices. I work intuitively and holistically using Chinese Medicine, body psychotherapy, meditation/spiritual and energetic principles. My main interest is emotional/spiritual health and wellbeing, although as a bodywork modality physical symptoms are treated simultaneously. I have extensive experience treating a range of musculoskeletal issues and other common ailments in general practice, as well as in hospital and community services.
In cooperation with the client I seek to impart a constant spirit of compassionate, non-judgmental self-enquiry. Contact me for a chat.
- Worked in the NHS – St. Josephs Hospice (palliative care) and Better Lives (drug and alcohol service).
- Currently working with Community Massage London providing massage and meditation sessions to patients with mental health needs (anxiety and depression) referred via their GP and Social Prescribing Link Worker.
- Fully insured. Enhanced DBS.
Massage Treatments (fully clothed, 1hr session.)
- Excellent for: Musculoskeletal conditions; muscle/joint pain and stiffness; digestive, gynaecological and men's conditions; non-specific sub-clinical ailments; insomnia/stress/anxiety/feelings of disquiet. Great for all ages; older people; if you’re tired, achy, stressed and those with mobility issues.
- Benefits: Pain and stiffness reduction; increased flexibility and balance; improved mobility and quality of life; boosts immune function; augments other therapies/interventions; reduced reliance on painkillers; grounding and centring.
Tuina (pronounced: twee-na) is an ancient form of medical massage based on the same principles as acupuncture - but without the needles. So it’s all about energy, flow and really addressing your personal needs. The techniques used can be soft and gentle, (nourishing, soothing and calming) or vigorous and deep (energising and moving), but often a combination – it really depends on what the individual needs for that issue, their constitution and how they feel on the day. It’s great for musculoskeletal issues, stress, aches and pains, to sooth the nervous system or for relaxation and alignment purposes. A full history will be taken at the first session.
Clients are given stretches, dietary advice and meditation techniques they can adapt depending on context and lots of self-care and self-massage advice so they can meet inner needs and nourish themselves on all levels. Ultimately, treatments are aimed not just at reducing physical symptoms but also to balance and integrate the Mind-Body-Spirit axis, thereby promoting flow and feelings of wellbeing.
1-2-1 Guided Meditation & Self-Cultivation Sessions
Personalised guided visualisation meditation (1hr). In these sessions you will be exploring ways, through discussion and practice, an individual may learn, enhance and refine meditation practice to promote their own wellbeing as they engage deeply with themselves. We will be using some theory from Chinese Medicine as it is an excellent tool for reintegrating ourselves as we learn about our bodies, where stagnation may reside, how it is affecting the system, and importantly, how to meet inner needs.
Learn/develop ways to:
- Meditate – explore techniques to ground and centre, become more present/mindful.
- Regulate and manage our energies - physical and emotional state (calm the mind and relax the body).
- Promote inner alignment and wellbeing.
- Principles of flow in the mind, body and Nature.
- Explore inner cultivation techniques using sound and imagination.
- You’ll receive a 24 page Meditation Guide free as part of the sessions. The guide outlines the best approaches to take, things to think about and be aware of before, during and after any meditation practice you undertake.
- Also, Be A Tree Meditation recording - This meditation, imagining you are a tree, is a great basic grounding and centring tool - it allows the mind and body to calm, settle and focus. It uses theory from Chinese Medicine, mindfulness and nature concepts to release tension in the body and mind through body scanning, deep breathing and visualisations/using the imagination. It's an amazing tool that can be used anywhere at any time.
- Sessions are led by you to meet your needs in the moment. I’ll meet you where you are and follow your lead.
- Beginners to advanced welcome.
- Telephone, online or in-person - 1hr session.
- Group workshops/sessions available.
Basic meditation techniques will be learnt to calm and focus the mind, deepen the breathing, listen to and relax the body - all of which helps integrate the body-mind, thereby promoting flow through the system. Increased flow enables deeper insights, a shifting of physical and emotional stagnation and, as a result, a vibrational shift allowing the person to feel lighter and unconstrained. You will learn how to ground and centre, body scan to recognise and dispel tension as well as improve posture, and visualisations to strengthen your creativity and connection with yourself. The techniques learnt will empower individuals to critically explore how they feel with an attitude of compassion and non-judgement, set realistic goals, and increase feelings of positive self-regard and mindfulness.